March's Book A Samantha Mystery, The Stolen Sapphire

Grab this months 2 book selections, a blanket and your favorite 18 inch doll friend, don't worry if you happen upon us mid way through, join us when you can and leave your comments here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com with any book club questions.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Clam Chowder, would Samantha have had White or Red clam chowder? What are your thoughts?

Reading about Samantha's first meal of Clam Chowder I thought I would look for a recipe to share with you, but I wonder  which type of Clam Chowder she would have had?
Here is a recipe for both
Click here for the  White (New England/Boston) Clam Chowder shown above from About.com
Or red  (Manhattan) Clam Chowder
Click here for the recipe from Serious Eats.com

So let's have a debate, which do you prefer and which do you think Samantha would have been served on the ship?

I hope you are enjoying our second book selection!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment