March's Book A Samantha Mystery, The Stolen Sapphire

Grab this months 2 book selections, a blanket and your favorite 18 inch doll friend, don't worry if you happen upon us mid way through, join us when you can and leave your comments here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com with any book club questions.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

One of our group members ordered the book and look what they made!

One of our book club members (Dacia)just made this wonderful gingerbread from the Samantha cook book.
  " While searching online for Samantha Mystery books for Karenmomofthrees book club reading, I ran across this Samantha cookbook. I paid $4.50 for it and I just love it. It has recipes from Samantha's time along with descriptions of what was expected at the dinner table and so on. I told my daughter she could pick any recipe from the book, and we would make it. She loves gingerbread so that is what she choose to make. It turned out perfectly! I was really impressed."
I just love that this wonderful book second hand is still wowing readers! 
Pick up  a book and start a journey! Pick up Samantha's cook book and travel back in time and taste!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment