March's Book A Samantha Mystery, The Stolen Sapphire

Grab this months 2 book selections, a blanket and your favorite 18 inch doll friend, don't worry if you happen upon us mid way through, join us when you can and leave your comments here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com with any book club questions.

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Feed your mind with reading and some treats from Samantha's time with her cook book

While researching Samantha's time period, I came across a Samantha cookbook that was published in 1994.
This 44 page soft covered book that contains recipes and information about dining in the 1900's.
It is out of print from what I can tell but looks like it would be a great resource and fun cookbook!

Some of the recipes included are Strawberries and Cream, Saratoga Potatoes, Blueberry Muffins, Cream of Carrot soup (a favorite of mine) , Corn Oysters, Ice Cream Snowballs, Apple Brown Betty, Chicken Salad Sandwiches, Gingerbread and Lemon Ice.

I have not been able to find a copy of my own of this book but I am looking for one! 
I have linked the recipe names above to on line recipes so if you can not find a copy of your own and you still want to give a try to some recipes from the 1900's you have them easily accessible.
I am so enjoying researching Samantha's time period, and I hope you will join us Feb 1st for our first book 
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment