March's Book A Samantha Mystery, The Stolen Sapphire

Grab this months 2 book selections, a blanket and your favorite 18 inch doll friend, don't worry if you happen upon us mid way through, join us when you can and leave your comments here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com with any book club questions.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Less then 1 week to the start of our book club!

I am so excited that our book club beings in one week! I am sitting here with my copy of The Curse of Ravenscourt and my favorite mug of Hot Chocolate!
I was in the American Girl store in Seattle on Sunday and got the 4th book of the Samantha series and am so excited to see how nice they look on my shelf!
I love books, I did not always as some of you know.
My mother was an avid reader, not one room in the house did not have floor to ceiling bookshelves lined with hard copies of books my mother read and collected. I think she would have been so proud of me for having a book club and for the amount of American Girl Books I have now collected and am reading my way through. My mother loved a good deal on books and while I was in the USA on the weekend my sister Bre-Anne (My most favorite person to shop thrift stores with) and I found over 20 AG books for my collection.

My Favorite was the mystery books I got, one of them a Molly Mystery I paid only 69 cents for. The least I paid for one of the books was only 25 cents almost a steal! The most expensive one was 79 cents! 

My sister also allowed me to borrow the three books my nieces got when they bought the full sized dolls:
McKenna, Rebeca and Marie-Grace
I have a lot of fun reading ahead of me and I hope you will join me in reading through the mystery books!
Remember to let me know how you are doing with the book and comment often and ask questions!
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon!
As with all my posts I would love to hear from you so please leave me a comment here or email me at karenmowen@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. SO excited for the book club to start! I received my copy of The Curse of Ravenscourt today and will begin reading it tonight. I'm a long-time American Girl fan and a mommy of two. I love collecting the books to read to my daughter when she gets a little older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got my book, and will begin reading it next week; this will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I am so happy to have a group to share the book with!

    ReplyDelete